This is a follow-up on my post of April 20, 2013, “What about that other Boston bombings suspect, the Saudi national?”
Immediately after the two bombs detonated near the finish line of the Boston Marathon a week ago on April 15, 2013, the media identified a “Saudi national” as a “suspect” and told us that he was detained and questioned by law enforcement, then taken to a hospital to be treated for shrapnel wounds and severe burn. Quickly, the media changed its story and stopped calling the Saudi a “suspect” but a “person of interest” instead. Then, the media seemed to have lost all interest in the “Saudi national.”
So the Alternate Media stepped in to pick up this story. We are told that:
- The name of the “Saudi national” is Abdulrahman Al-harbi or variations thereof.
- A day after the bombings, Obama had an unscheduled meeting with the Saudi foreign minister.
- The “Saudi national” reportedly was paid a visit by none other than FLPOS Michelle.
- Then we learn that the “Saudi national” would be deported under section 212 3B as a “national security threat,” only to have the story change again by DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano to Alharbi not being deported.
- A congressional source said that a file on Alharbi had been created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (though it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.
- On Sunday, TheBlaze reported that the House Committee on Homeland Security is officially requesting more information about Alharbi.
- According to Fox News reporter Todd Starnes, a source purportedly familiar with the investigation said Alharbi had been flagged on a terror watch list, and improperly granted a student visa although he was deemed inadmissible under the section of the Immigration and Nationality Act which declares ineligible for a visa, any foreign national who is or is likely to engage in terrorist activity.
Last Thursday, Glenn Beck issued an ultimatum to the Obama regime. If the White House doesn’t come clean on the “Saudi national” by Monday (today, April 22), Beck would reveal what he knows about the man. The following is what Beck revealed today in his radio program, taken from an account published in Beck’s TheBlaze:
- While the media continues to look at the two Tsarnaev brothers, there were three people “involved” in the Boston Marathon bombings and the first of the three is the Saudi national.
- That the Saudi national was tagged as a “212 3B” (to be deported on grounds of national security) is significant because that is the equivalent in civil society of charging someone with premeditated murder and seeking the death penalty.
- But Alharbi’s file was changed last Wednesday at 5:35 p.m., which is unheard of due to the severity of “212 3B.” Only someone at the very highest levels of the State Department could make that alteration so quickly.
- Alharbi has been in the United States for six months. His student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findley, Ohio, but he has an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Why wasn’t the Congressional Committee on Homeland Security notified? Why are they being cut out of all information? This is protocol.
- Sources tell Beck this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed. This will be the reason Napalitano won’t answer the Homeland Security Committee’s request for a briefing. Like Benghazi, the Obama administration are engaged in a disinformation campaign floating a variety of scenarios to confuse the media to prevent the story from being pursued. They are also working very hard to discredit those on the scent.
- The questionable relationship between Saudi Arabia and the United States goes back further than the current administration. Multiple news outlets reported after 9/11 that prominent Saudis were allowed to leave the country, even as all flights were grounded. The Bush administration would later block the investigation into Saudi involvement into 9/11, even though 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis, and would eventually force the redaction of a 28-page chapter of the 9/11 Commission report regarding foreign, specifically Saudi, support for some of the Al-Qaeda hijackers.
- But the Obama administration has taken that relationship to a whole new level. On January 14, 2013, Obama met with Saudi Minister of Interior. Two days later Janet Napolitano signed agreement with Saudi minister allowing “trusted traveler” status on Saudi student visitors, meaning greatly reduced security checks and scrutiny.
- Beck: “This is trusted traveler status that we don’t give to some of our most trusted allies, and we gave it to Saudi Arabia last January? So they can just walk into our country no questions asked? There is a pattern. There is a relationship between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia the American public doesn’t know about. The case of Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi is only the latest example.”
- Beck concluded by calling on the American people to “call your congressmen right now. There are congressmen who are aware of this, have seen the documentation — they need your support, they need your help…If we do not stand up, [Alharbi] is on a plane tomorrow or he is already gone.”
H/t FOTM’s CSM
Update: Doug Giles of Clash Daily says over 10 names from Alharbi’s clan are members of Al-Qaeda.