H/t FOTM’s Miss May (aka maziel).
Remember that “Saudi national” whom the media called “a suspect” right after the two bombs went off at the Boston Marathon on April 15, 2013?
The media at the time said that police had detained and questioned this “suspect.” Quickly after, the media switched to calling him a mere “person of interest” and told us that he had been taken to a hospital to treat his shrapnel wounds and severe burn. After that, the media dropped any reference to the “Saudi national” entirely, seemingly having lost all interest in him.
In an April 20 post, “What about that other Boston bombings suspect, the Saudi national?,” I tried to follow up on the mysterious “Saudi national” — that his name is said to be Abdul Rahman Al-harbi (or variants thereof); that he was admitted into the United States on a student visa even though he shouldn’t have been allowed into our country; that he seems to have powerful connections in Saudi Arabia; that FLPOS Michelle had visited him in the Boston hospital; and that the federal government first had said he would be deported (on April 23) as a threat to U.S. national security, then DHS chief Janet Napolitano denied it.
Much of this was repeated by Glenn Beck in his supposedly earth-shattering exposé of Al-harbi. (See “What Beck revealed about Boston bombings’ mysterious Saudi national,” April 22, 2013.).
Holt also alerts us to the evidence below of Alharbi, who is on a terrorist watchlist, having visited the White House several times since 2009.
Of course, the White House will say it was another “Abdul Rahman Al-Harbi.”
H/t my bud Mark S. McGrew.
This is a follow-up on my post of April 20, 2013, “What about that other Boston bombings suspect, the Saudi national?”
Immediately after the two bombs detonated near the finish line of the Boston Marathon a week ago on April 15, 2013, the media identified a “Saudi national” as a “suspect” and told us that he was detained and questioned by law enforcement, then taken to a hospital to be treated for shrapnel wounds and severe burn. Quickly, the media changed its story and stopped calling the Saudi a “suspect” but a “person of interest” instead. Then, the media seemed to have lost all interest in the “Saudi national.”
So the Alternate Media stepped in to pick up this story. We are told that:
Last Thursday, Glenn Beck issued an ultimatum to the Obama regime. If the White House doesn’t come clean on the “Saudi national” by Monday (today, April 22), Beck would reveal what he knows about the man. The following is what Beck revealed today in his radio program, taken from an account published in Beck’s TheBlaze:
H/t FOTM’s CSM
Update: Doug Giles of Clash Daily says over 10 names from Alharbi’s clan are members of Al-Qaeda.
Now that Suspect #2, 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, was captured last night in Watertown, after his older brother Suspect #1 Tamerlan earlier had been killed in a shootout with police, the Marxist State Media are behaving as if the Boston Marathon terrorism is over.
But there is a third individual — the “Saudi national” whom the media first called a “suspect” immediately after the bombings on Monday, April 15, 2013. We were told that he was detained and questioned by police, taken to a Boston hospital to treat “shrapnel” wounds and “severe burns,” and his apartment was searched. Then we were told his status was revised from being a “suspect” to being a “person of interest”.
Then Reuters reported that on Tuesday, April 16, Obama had met with Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal at the White House ostensibly to discuss the conflict in Syria. The meeting was not on the POS’s public schedule.
Next, news came via Breitbart.com’s Kerry Picket that on Wednesday, April 17, terrorism expert Steven Emerson of the Investigative Project on Sean Hannity’s cable show that an official at ICE had told him (Emerson) the mysterious Saudi national is Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, and he is set to be deported. Emerson said, “It was determined that he had no involvement [...] Well, I just learned from my own sources he’s now going to be deported on national security grounds Tuesday. This is the way things are done with Saudi Arabia. You don’t arrest their citizens. You deport them, because they don’t want them to be embarrassed.”
On Thursday, April 18, Walid Shoebat (a former member of the Muslim Brotherhood who’s now a “peace activist”) posted this photo (from Okaz, a very prominent Saudi newspaper) of Alharbi during his stay in a Boston hospital:
Shoebat followed that with another photo of Alharbi at the hospital, smiling while standing next to what appears to be a Saudi diplomat:
On Thursday, April 18, Glenn Beck revealed on radio that TheBlaze was informed by sources that the Saudi national’s visa had been revoked and he was, in fact, going to be deported on “security and related grounds.” The sources also said the Saudi national had ties to a well-connected Saudi family and that his deportation was set to be framed as a “voluntary” departure to be with his family.
While discussing the issue on radio, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood revealed that the government has had second thoughts on deporting Ali Alharbi. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted on this by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill. An ICE official outright refuted TheBlaze’s report, calling it “categorically false.”
A congressional source told TheBlazethat a file, called an “event,” had been created on “Abdul Rahman Ali Al Harby” at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 16, by an official with the National Targeting Center, a counterterrorism sub-agency of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the Department of Homeland Security. The file stated that Ali Al Harby is “linked to the Boston bombing” and was to be processed for revocation of his visa based on national security grounds. Documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.
Yesterday, Friday April 19, Bob Unruh of WND writes that the Saudi Arabian newspaper Okaz is reporting that FLPOS Michelle Obama had visited Alharbi in the hospital.
The newspaper accompanied its report with an image of FLPOS (below), although the background was generic and it couldn’t be confirmed immediately that she was at the hospital where Alharbi was being treated at the time. (Update: It’s confirmed. Go to “Boston bombings’ mysterious “Saudi national” visited Obama White House?” for pictures of Michelle visiting Alharbi at the hospital.)
Walid Shoebat says the newspaper Okaz also stated that Michelle had visited another injured Saudi at the hospital, a female doctor named Nura Khalid Saleh al-Ajaji. Shoebat said tweets from members of the Alharbi family give “credibility” to the report.
Glenn Beck has thrown down the gauntlet to the Obama regime, declaring that:
“we know he [the Saudi national] is a very bad, bad, bad man. I know that doesn’t make any sense to you right now. But on Monday [April 22] it will. It makes sense to somebody in Washington. I don’t bluff. I make promises. The truth matters. I’ve had enough of what you’ve done to our country. I thought I had heard and seen it all. I thought I didn’t trust my government. Oh no, no, no, no. There is no depth that these people will not stoop to. They have until Monday and then TheBlaze will expose it.”
And let’s not forget this:
Obama bows to king of Saudi Arabia, April 1, 2009.
H/t FOTM’s CSM
See also my follow-up post, “What Beck revealed about Boston bombings’ mysterious Saudi national,” April 22, 2013.
Washington Post: So, what happens if Hillary Clinton doesn’t run in 2016? It is hard to imagine the presidential field without a woman contender, and here’s one to keep your eye on: Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. Napolitano is quietly making it known that she is considering the race, and there is reason to take her seriously.
Before coming to Washington, Napolitano was a highly regarded and very popular governor in Arizona, a state not known as a hospitable one for Democrats. In 2005, Time Magazine named her one of the nation’s five best governors, noting: “Positioning herself as a no-nonsense, pro-business centrist, she has worked outside party lines since coming to office in January 2003 to re-energize a state that, under her predecessors, was marked by recession and scandal.”
While in Arizona, she was criticized for not being aggressive enough in dealing with the influx of illegal immigrants. But her more recent job gives her an opportunity to change that image. This week, for instance, finds her on a high-profile tour of the southwest border, where she will highlight the stepped-up resources that the Obama administration has been devoting to reducing the flow of illegal entrants to this country.
Still, running for the White House from the cabinet is not an easy thing to do. Not since then-Commerce Secretary Herbert Hoover did it in 1928 has anyone successfully made the leap from the president’s cabinet to the Oval Office.
Her current job compounds that difficulty. The fact is, most Americans don’t hear all that much about the Homeland Security Department unless something has gone wrong.
Still, Napolitano is a sharp and savvy politician, and her decision to remain in the Obama administration for a second term is a telling one. Immigration overhaul may well be an opportunity to put herself at the forefront of an issue–and a constituency–that represent the future of the Democratic party. Particularly if Clinton doesn’t run, it’s a decent bet that she will be on the debate stage in 2016.
What better person for president than one who issued a report on right-wing extremists, has been accused of running a department with a “lewd atmosphere”, and is on top of keeping us safe from exploding turkeys? With savvy and smarts like that, what could go wrong with her as president?
I don’t know who created this stunning image. Thank you to the unknown artist!
H/T Roger Fredinburg
NY Post: A second employee at US Immigration and Customs Enforcement is suing Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano over claims his career was curtailed due to anti-male bias at the agency, The Post has learned.
Jason Mount alleges in court papers that he was denied 43 promotions because he’s a white male and that he took a lower-grade job because of “how serious the discrimination and retaliation had become.”
Mount, 37, filed suit on July 31, about two months after ICE official James Hayes Jr. sued Napolitano for $3 million for allegedly pushing him out of a top job in Washington, DC, to make way for Dora Schriro, later named New York City’s jails commissioner.
Hayes, now in charge of ICE investigations in New York City, says Schriro was less qualified than him but was allowed to usurp his role because she “enjoyed a longstanding relationship” with Napolitano. Schriro served as director of the Arizona Department of Corrections under then-Gov. Napolitano.
According to Mount’s suit, he began working for the US Customs Service in September 2001 and was promoted to branch chief/supervisory special agent at ICE headquarters in DC in October 2009. But after leveling a November 2010 complaint of gender discrimination in relation to “not being provided an office,” court papers say he was repeatedly subjected to illegal retaliation that kept him from rising in the ranks.
His DC federal court filing details dozens of incidents in which he was allegedly passed over for promotions despite being fully qualified. The litany of allegations include Mount’s September 2010 application to fill an assistant-special-agent-in-charge, or ASAC, post with Homeland Security Investigations in Boston.
Despite receiving “a rating of 100 percent on the knowledge, skills and abilities rating factors for the position,” Mount says, he was never contacted “to take part in an interview or further selection activities.” Instead, court papers say the job went to a woman who was one step lower than Mount on the federal civil-service pay scale.
In addition, the woman, Linda Hunt, hadn’t completed an 18-month tour of duty at HSI headquarters in Washington, which “is required to be considered for an ASAC position,” the suit says.
Because of “the severe and pervasive retaliation and discrimination,” Mount says, he “essentially committed career suicide” in December 2011 and asked for a reassignment, “stating that he would be willing to accept a downgrade” in rank and pay.
After sending the memo, he was notified in March that he was selected for a spot in Boston and “begrudgingly accepted” the offer, the suit states.
An ICE spokesperson said, “US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) recently received a copy of Mr. Mount’s complaint. The agency doesn’t comment on unfounded claims and will respond to Mr. Mount’s allegations as appropriate through the judicial system.”
Meanwhile, a federal official said the allegations in Hayes’ suit “do not align with the fact that Mr. Hayes has routinely held high-ranking assignments, including his current position as special agent in charge of ICE’s second-largest field office.”
The official also said the Department of Homeland Security “intends to timely file a motion to dismiss this unmeritorious lawsuit” to meet an Aug. 24 deadline.
Nothing shocking about this…liberals love to help out their buddies and use affirmative action. It will be shocking if either if these men prevail in a court.
Out-Hoover Hoover: FBI wants massive data-mining capability for social media
27 January 2012
The FBI is asking industry for help in developing a far-reaching data-mining application that can gather and analyze intelligence from social media sites.
The FBI wants “to determine the capability of industry to provide an open source and social media alert, mapping, and analysis application”, the agency said in a request for information (RFI).
“The application must have the ability to rapidly assemble critical open source information and intelligence that will allow SIOC [Strategic Information and Operations Center] to quickly vet, identify, and geo-locate breaking events, incidents and emerging threats”, the RFI explained.
The application must be able to provide an “automated search and scrape capability of both social networking sites and open source news sites for breaking events, crisis, and threats.”
The FBI also wants the capability to analyze the social media data to provide early warning; detect credible threats or monitor adversarial situations; locate bad actors or groups and analyze their movements, vulnerabilities, limitations, and possible adverse actions; predict likely developments or future actions taken by bad actors; and develop databases on the information gathered from social media sites.
Nowhere in this detailed RFI, however, does the FBI ask industry to comment on the privacy implications of such massive data collection and storage of social media sites. Nor does the FBI say how it would define the “bad actors” who would be subjected this type of scrutiny.
I am dismissing the terrorist angle right off the bat, as given perhaps a handful of kook exceptions, most truly determined terrorists are not going to announce their intentions on a public forum.
That brings us to a far larger question which is, what exactly is the government looking to do here?
Having read a great deal of history over the course of my life, I am fully aware that all governments have their totalitarian leanings, and ours is no different.
Historically, governments do not much like dissent, and as they become larger and more powerful, their intolerance of dissent grows right along with them. At first, it is threats and intimidation. Later on, it becomes incarceration, and all too often after that come the gallows, firing squads, or the gas chambers.
Way back in the Usenet days, I formed a theory that government was most likely monitoring what was being posted, and probably recording things that might catch its interest. In the years since and given what I have seen, that theory has been reinforced several times over.
Of course, there is no case to be made that government monitoring public forums is illegal, but the idea that it may ultimately be not a little sinister is not all that much of a stretch.
After all, we are now existing in a surveillance society, and when you factor in the Obama administration’s track record of open hostility when it comes to its detractors, the term ‘bad actor’ could mean just about anything.
You see, it is not the terms themselves, but who gets to define them that ultimately matters.
Via dailycommercial.com (emphasis mine):
Training excercise startles locals
Published: Wednesday, January 04, 2012
MILLARD K. IVES | Staff Writer
It may have looked like they were ready for war or some deranged person looking for his late Social Security benefits.
But it was only Federal Protective Service officers with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security who were conducting a random training operation early Tuesday morning when they surprisingly showed up at the Social Security Administration office in downtown Leesburg.
With their blue and white SUVs circled around the Main Street office, at least one official was posted on the door with a semiautomatic rifle, randomly checking identifications. And other officers, some with K-9s, sifted through the building.
“I thought someone was upset about not getting there check,” said Laura Kelly, who took a friend to the office on Tuesday.
According to one Homeland official in the Washington, D.C. office, Operation Shield. is an effort that uses routine, unannounced visits by FPS inspectors to test the effectiveness of contract guards, or protective security officers — “detecting the presence of unauthorized persons and potentially disruptive or dangerous activities.”
Part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, FPS is the federal law enforcement agency that provides integrated security and law enforcement services to over 9,000 federally-owned and leased buildings, facilities, properties and other assets.
Officers on the scene would not speak to the press and by noon they were gone. But Thomas Milligan, district manager for the Social Security Administration office, said while the visit came as a surprise, the office was ready. He added the officers checked videos, security measures, alarm system and more.
“It was to make sure security measures are in place and properly followed,” Milligan said.
See related story here.
I am not exactly sure what to make of this, but given the fact that Little Caesar Obumma essentially flushed the Bill of Rights down the crapper over the weekend, this has me not a little concerned – not to mention a little frightened.
I do not trust this administration even a little bit, especially given the fact that it appears to view white Christian males as a terrorist threat.
How long will it be before asserting our constitutional rights as American citizens is considered a potentially disruptive or dangerous activity?
We are very rapidly approaching the point where this country will be America in name only.