Don’t say we at FOTM hadn’t warned you about the slippery slope.
On December 13, 2010, I did a post about David Epstein, now 48 or 49, a “popular” Columbia University political science professor who was charged with a felony count of incest with his daughter. Sources said the daughter was over 18 when the “consensual relationship” began in 2006 and that the two often exchanged twisted text messages. Epstein faced up to four years behind bars if convicted.
At the time, blogger TheOtherMcCain identified Epstein as a Huffington Post blogger, Palin hater, and Obama supporter. In other words, Epstein fits the whole shebang of the Leftist pervert profile.
Thanks to Doug Giles of Clash Daily, who just discovered this news, I’m alerted to Epstein’s oh-so-predictable defense. Giles cited an article from Daily Mail of October 8, 2012, which quotes Epstein’s lawyer Matthew Galluzzo saying this to ABCNews.com:
“Academically, we are obviously all morally opposed to incest and rightfully so. At the same time, there is an argument to be made in the Swiss case to let go what goes on privately in bedrooms. It’s ok for homosexuals to do whatever they want in their own home. How is this so different? We have to figure out why some behaviour is tolerated and some is not.”
Jackie Carrero and Mikey Zhong of the Columbia Spectator note that David Epstein is still employed as a political science professor at Columbia University, even after he copped a guilty plea (to the misdemeanor of “attempted incest”).
See also our other posts on the deviant academe:
- “Yale U. hosts workshop teaching “sensitivity” to bestiality & incest,” Mar. 8, 2013.
- “Hunter College students make abortion a fun party game,” Feb. 27, 2013.
- “U. of Illinois invites porn star to teach orgasm,” Feb. 9, 2013.
- “4- and 5-year-olds engaged in oral sex at California Lutheran pre-school,” Feb. 4, 2013.
- “University of Toronto to have sex orgy,” Jan. 16, 2013.
- “New Jersey professor denies Stalin had killed anyone,” Nov. 21, 2012.
- “Harvard University will have an Incest-fest,” Oct. 25, 2012.
- “Hollywood director says incest is fine,” Sept. 18, 2012.
- “Pedophilia is just another “sexual orientation”,” Sept. 11, 2012.
- “Woman sues college instructor for requiring masturbation to pass his course,” July 16, 2012.
- “San Diego students watch gay porn, masturbate in class,” June 21, 2012.