The Navy SEAL is the elite of our military’s elite corps who have the respect and admiration of even fighter pilots, who themselves are elite Top Guns. SEAL Team 6 is the informal name of the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG), commonly known as DEVGRU — one of America’s four secretive counter-terrorism and Special Mission Units.
It was the Navy SEAL Team 6 who, on May 2, 2011, broke into Osama bin Laden’s secret compound in Abbotabad, Pakistan, and assassinated the Al Qaeda leader.
Three months later, on August 6, 2011, 22 members of Team 6 were killed when their Chinook helicopter was shot down by Taliban “rebels” in Afghanistan.
At the time, the downing of the Chinook helicopter already was met with skepticism (see here and here). Among the skeptics was D.C. investigative reporter Wayne Madsen, a former U.S. Navy officer. According to Madsen, his sources in Navy SEAL Team 2 told him that “many SEALs believe the SEAL Team 6 members were sacrificed for political reasons because they ‘knew too much’ about the Abbotabad raid.”
Almost two years later, we may finally learn the truth about that Chinook “crash.”
On Thursday, May 9, 2013, the families of three members of Navy SEAL Team 6 will convene a press conference to reveal the Obama regime’s culpability in the death of their sons in that fatal helicopter crash in Afghanistan. Here’s an announcement of that press conference from Freedom Watch:
DATE: May 9, 2013
PLACE: National Press Club (Holeman Lounge)
529 14th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20045
TIME: 10 am – 11 am
(Washington, D.C.). Three families of Navy SEAL Team VI special forces servicemen, along with one family of an Army National Guardsman, will appear at a press conference on May 9, 2013, to disclose never before revealed information about how and why their sons along with 26 others died in a fatal helicopter crash in Afghanistan on August 6, 2011, just a few months after the successful raid on the compound of Osama Bin Laden that resulted in the master terrorist’s death.
Accompanying the families of these dead Navy SEAL Team VI special operations servicemen will be retired military experts verifying their accounts of how and why the government is as much responsible for the deaths of their sons as is the Taliban.
The areas of inquiry at the press conference will include but not be limited to:
- How President Obama and Vice President Biden, having disclosed on May 4, 2011, that Navy Seal Team VI carried out the successful raid on Bin Laden’s compound resulting in the master terrorist’s death, put a retaliatory target on the backs of the fallen heroes.
- How and why high-level military officials sent these Navy SEAL Team VI heroes into battle without special operations aviation and proper air support.
- How and why middle level military brass carries out too many ill-prepared missions to boost their standing with top-level military brass and the Commander-in-Chief in order that they can be promoted.
- How the military restricts special operations servicemen and others from engaging in timely return fire when fired upon by the Taliban and other terrorist groups and interests, thus jeopardizing the servicemen’s lives.
- How and why the denial of requested pre-assault fire may have contributed to the shoot down of the Navy SEAL Team VI. helicopter and the death of these special operations servicemen.
- How Afghani forces accompanying the Navy SEAL Team VI servicemen on the helicopter were not properly vetted and how they possibly disclosed classified information to the Taliban about the mission, resulting in the shoot down of the helicopter.
- How military brass, while prohibiting any mention of a Judeo-Christian God, invited a Muslim cleric to the funeral for the fallen Navy SEAL Team VI heroes who disparaged in Arabic the memory of these servicemen by damning them as infidels to Allah. A video of the Muslim cleric’s “prayer” will be shown with a certified translation.
“This press conference takes on special significance given that our government has over the last twelve years since September 11 committed brave American servicemen to wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which, in large part as a result of politics, were poorly conceived of and implemented, resulting in the deaths of thousands and the maiming of tens of thousands of our brave heroes. To make matters even worse, America has effectively lost these wars,” stated Larry Klayman, legal counsel for the families.
A big h/t to my bud Mark S. McGrew
Update (May 9, 2013):
For the press conference today, see “Families of Navy SEALs killed in downed Chinook blame Obama and military brass“.