I woke up to the overnight alphabet networks all on script, blabbering that today is the first day of the Democratic National Convention and that the Dems’ message is that the POS should get another 4 years because Americans really are better off than we were in 2008. Never mind the fact that as the DNC begins, the national debt of the United States of America just hit the $16 TRILLION mark.
Or if we don’t feel we’re better off, brainiac Nancy Pelosi tells us we’re at least better off than we WOULD HAVE BEEN if the POS hadn’t been elected 4 years ago. Did you get her amazing feat of counter-factual might-have-been logic? Me, neither. But then I’m not a brainiac!
FOTM is taking our own poll.
The first poll asks if you are financially better off today than you were 4 years ago. Being “financially better off” means the following:
- Are you making more money than 4 years ago?
- Do you have more in financial assets (savings, stocks, 401k/IRA/pension retirement funds) than 4 years ago?
- Is your house worth more than 4 years ago?
- Are your expenses for basic necessities (food, gas, housing, clothing) less than they were 4 years ago?
- Do you pay less taxes than 4 years ago?
The second poll asks if you believe America is a better country than it was 4 years ago. By “a better country” is meant the following:
- Americans have a greater sense of unity and brotherhood with each other.
- Americans are more optimistic about our country’s future.
- America is a stronger country than 4 years ago.
- The world thinks better of America.
- You believe your children and grandchildren will have a better life than yours.
Thank you for taking this survey!