New Jersey’s bold bulldog of a governor, Chris Christie, delivered the keynote speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, FL, last night.
The MSM snipers and carpers are trying to make a brouhaha out of Christie mentioning Mitt Romney 17 minutes into the speech. So what?
Here are Christie’s key points, from my memory watching it last night and paraphrased in my words:
- Always seek and tell the truth.
- It’s better to be respected, than to be loved.
- Politicians pander to the people for selfish reasons (votes) and because they want to be “loved.”
- Real leaders don’t pander and tell the American people what we want to hear. Real leaders tell the truth about our nation’s real problems. Mitt Romney is this leader who will speak truth to us on Thursday.
- Americans are a people who take charge of our lives and our future. We are not victims, nor are we solely selfish.
- Our generation is now called to tackle huge problems, from which we will not shirk, because we do not want our children and grandchildren to live in an America in decline.
- If we meet this challenge, the American Century will not be consigned to the past century. The 21st century will also be an American Century.
Click here for the full transcript of Christie’s speech.