On July 8, six US soldiers were killed in Afghanistan by an improvised explosive device (IED).
The Department of Defense announced today the death of six soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
They died of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit in Maidan Shahr, Wardak province, Afghanistan. They were assigned to the 978th Military Police Company, 93rd Military Police Battalion, Fort Bliss, Texas.
- Staff Sgt. Ricardo Seija, 31, of Tampa, Fla.,
- Spc. Erica P. Alecksen, 21, of Eatonton, Ga.,
- Spc. Clarence Williams III, 23, of Brooksville, Fla.,
- Pfc. Trevor B. Adkins, 21, of Spring Lake, N.C.,
- Pfc. Alejandro J. Pardo, 21, of Porterville, Calif., and
- Pfc. Cameron J. Stambaugh, 20, of Spring Grove, Pa.
Prayers for the families of these heroes.